El Arco de Cabo San Lucas, or Lands End, marks the spot where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez at the southern tip of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Photo by Stan Shebs. One of Mexico’s top tourist destinations and commonly referred to as “Cabo,” the city of Cabo San Lucas lies at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula, in the Mexican state of Baja California Sur. The city of Cabo San Lucas, together with the more historical city of San José del Cabo, make up the area known as Los Cabos. The area along the coast between to two cities features a plethora of beach resorts and timeshares, where tourists are drawn to scuba diving, marlin fishing, coastal Mexican food and tequila.
Here are 5 Fun Facts about Cabo San Lucas:
1. The city is known as the “End of the Earth” as it is the last piece of land in the Baja California Peninsula.
2. Called the “Striped Marlin Capital of the World,” Cabo San Lucas hosts the world’s highest paying marlin tournament with a jackpot of more than $3 million U.S. dollars.
3. In the winter, whales can be spotted in the area, because they like to raise their offspring in the warm waters of the Sea of Cortez.
4. Cabo offers non-stop activities for visitors, from para-sailing to riding horses through the desert, to scuba diving to “clubbing” at the numerous bars and dance clubs/
5. Look for The Gringo Gazette for news on tourist activities and the latest happenings.
Have you visited Cabo San Lucas, Mexico? What “˜fun fact’ can you add? Please share in comments below.
Start planning now to craft the perfect vacation, Come take full advantage of the fishing season, and to enjoy all of the city’s other unforgettable attractions and entertainment opportunities.
Learn MORE about the unforgettable stay awaiting in this paradise.
Tagged as: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico